Damages 3 You will love this! I had a Hoarder!

Damages 3 You will love this! I had a Hoarder!

Retired Landlord/Author · Commerce Township, MI · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

This was a huge 4 bedroom lower flat.   He was a little Italian Fella who the neighborhood loved.  But he was a Hoarder and a player.  It was something else.  I wrote a story about him called Dear Martin.  What he put me through to get him out was a story I'll never forget.  Our court date was something out of a movie.  I'll try to find that story and post it.

(What he did made the Judge jump out of her chair and across her desk.)

This is pretty gross.  I will understand if the Webmaster wants to delete this photo. Even though this photo is repulsive.  I have had several tenants leave their toilets like this.

He built a big wooden fence behind the home, it looked like the Alamo because he didn't want us to enter the property.  He also changed the locks.  I wrote him many letter regarding getting rid of this stuff, and always began my letters by writing, Dear Martin.  

One day he called the office and left a Message.  Miss Nancy, this is your Dear Martin, and I'm calling from Satan's house, that I don't like your Dear Martin letters.  And, I'm not moving....... 

I'll try to find that story.

Nancy Neville

1Reply
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Owasso, OK · Member since 2014 · 517 posts · 400 votes
    11y

    That's awesome.  Not for you, but to read about.  Please share your trial and tribulations with this guy.  Best of luck getting your place back in service.

  • Retired Landlord/Author · Commerce Township, MI · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Chris, I'm retired now. Retired in 2009.  I focus now on writing and teaching other landlords on how to be landlords and what they need to know.

    Nancy

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 785 posts · 190 votes
    11y

    Nice, not really :( I just bought a hoarder house, took two 40 yard containers to clean that thing out. 

  • Retired Landlord/Author · Commerce Township, MI · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Yep.  Cost a lot of money to remove stuff.  I had a gal who worked for the Sheriff's Dept.  Had to evict her.  Took two trucks to remove her junk.  But the carpet was clean!  

    They also left behind a dog who we adopted,  (we did that a lot) and still have her, the dog not the tenant, :)    She is a real sweetie.  

    Nancy

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.