Pit bulls in low income housing

Pit bulls in low income housing

Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 2 votes
Does anyone have experience allowing pit bulls or other "dangerous breeds" in low income housing units? What is the liability to the home owner if I put a specific clause in the lease regarding pet behavior and owner responsibility. I'm investing in Baltimore city in case that's relevant.
0Reply
143 views

Most Popular Reply

Curt DavisBusiness Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11y

I would first ask why would you want to deal with all those issues?  

Low income, pit bulls, crime, non paying renters,etc......

It would be creating a headache.

Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    And I also agree with the mindset that almost any animal can be destructive. The rabbits I had growing up absolutely destroyed the flooring and walls in my mom's apartment, which she happened to be renting! 

    @Shar Day I will be in Baltimore City. I do not have a property under contract yet as I am focusing on 'easier' rentals in Baltimore county first to get started. My partner and I have a few offers out and we are waiting for counters any day now. I do hope to get a Baltimore city house by the end of the year. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.