Section 8 vs Market Tenant Placement in Maryland

Section 8 vs Market Tenant Placement in Maryland

Real Estate Professional · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 28 posts · 1 vote

I've been doing very well over the last few months in Tenant Placement, mainly specializing in Section 8. I want to venture into doing market tenant placement as well. But to me, because Section 8 is a bit more complex, there is a much bigger need for tenant placement in Section 8. 

What can I offer to market landlords that would make them want to use a tenant placement company.?

How can I find more Section 8 & Market Landlords? 

How do I pitch my company that would make all types of landlord feel that they NEED me and my company?

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 38 votes
    11y

    I used placement once.  It was for section 8.  The tenant was kicked off of section 8 months later and tried to fight me when I served her eviction. 

    If somesomeone had a limited garaunty, I would make me more comfortable. Maybe 6 months or a year. If the tenant didn't work out after 3, 6, or 9 months you returned the fee.  

    You could include background checks in your fee. The repeat business and number of landlords willing to give your service a try should outweigh the ocassional refund.

    Part of your value proposition could be

    1. Long term tenants

    2. The best quality tenants

    Etc.

    for your pitch, just ask other landlords what they hate about finding new tenants.  Then focus your pitch on how you solve those problems.

    Start your pitch by finding out what they're looking for.  Ask several questions before giving answers. Once they feel you care about their problems they’ll be open to your solutions. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.