New Carpet - What is Best

New Carpet - What is Best

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 557 posts · 70 votes

I am getting my primary condo rent ready. Unfortunately there was a cat incident while I was away, and I believe the awesome berber carpet I had will not recover - sad because it was three years old and probably would have lasted another twelve.

Anyhow, I am shopping for landlord carpet now, not primary residence carpet. I am wondering what most experienced landlords here recommend in terms of carpet type and cost. Pergo and such is not an option; there is too much cement work required.

0Reply
154 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
17y

Where I am, tile floors can be laid for less than $2 per sq. ft, iNCUDING labor and materials. I'm willing to pay the $18 sq. yd and ALMOST never having to replace it. Bedrooms are carpet and everything else is tile. In long run, works out cheaper than carpet. Remeber, most of my properties are buy and hold.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Josh if you could give me the name of the carpet place in the Tampa Bay area it would be much appreciated

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    If you’re keeping the unit,long term, and it’s a decent location, I’d invest in leveling the floors and just installing a hard surface and be done with it. I like LVP- luxury vinyl planks. The good ones look very similar to hardwood, are water proof, and are very durable. 

    ————————————————————

    Beware: Financial bloggers scamming investors and lying about their net worth: google “Sam Dogen Amit”

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.