Trying to add rental listing on Zillow, but data gets changed?

Trying to add rental listing on Zillow, but data gets changed?

CA · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 5 votes

We've been trying to add our rental unit listing on zillow, but every time we go to see the published ad on zillow, the listing has changed from a 1 bedroom into 2 bedroom condo, the square footage is wrong, data is wrong and there are photos that are not from our unit. I tried through postlets.com too, but once it came to zillow (through postlets), the same problem occurred. Has this happened to anybody else? 

2Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Ormond Beach , FL · Member since 2015 · 345 posts · 223 votes
10y

Claim it as yours on Zillow and you can correct the data.  It could be defaulting to whatever data they have in their database.  If you claim it and update it with your data, I'm guessing that may help fix the problem.

I did that a while back on all of our properties and I even get periodic updates to Zestimates (for what that's worth), and all of the photos are already there when we list to rent.  I'm not saying this is the 100% solution for you, but it may be.  Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Socal · Member since 2015 · 222 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    yep its like zillow is haunted, for instance when i go to my 4 bed 2 bath house for sale on zillow, it changes it to a 1 bed 1 bath apartment and i had to email zillow to fix it. but then it was still wrong on trulia and realestate.com, making it look like was selling an apt/condo!

    worst yet when i go to the zEstimate link, it takes me to a totally different property listing in another state.

    when i google image search my home's photos, i find them on a wide array of apartments for rent listings nationwide, multiple states!

    perhaps with all the .com mergers and acquisitions, much catch-up is needed?

  • CA · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Jeez, sounds like zillow definitely has some huge problems! Just annoying as we're trying to advertise wider than Craigslist, but can't because the data comes out to be incorrect. 

  • Investor · Cathedral City, CA · Member since 2014 · 481 posts · 170 votes
    10y

    Software errors, nothing new. They have a big team, it will get fixed.

  • Ormond Beach , FL · Member since 2015 · 345 posts · 223 votes
    10y

    Claim it as yours on Zillow and you can correct the data.  It could be defaulting to whatever data they have in their database.  If you claim it and update it with your data, I'm guessing that may help fix the problem.

    I did that a while back on all of our properties and I even get periodic updates to Zestimates (for what that's worth), and all of the photos are already there when we list to rent.  I'm not saying this is the 100% solution for you, but it may be.  Good luck!

  • CA · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jeff Gates:

    Software errors, nothing new. They have a big team, it will get fixed.

     Thanks, hope so!

  • CA · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Eugene Kemp:

    Claim it as yours on Zillow and you can correct the data.  It could be defaulting to whatever data they have in their database.  If you claim it and update it with your data, I'm guessing that may help fix the problem.

    I did that a while back on all of our properties and I even get periodic updates to Zestimates (for what that's worth), and all of the photos are already there when we list to rent.  I'm not saying this is the 100% solution for you, but it may be.  Good luck!

     Great, will try that! Thank you Eugene Kemp!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.