Landlord having issues with mortgage!! What's a Tenant to do?

Landlord having issues with mortgage!! What's a Tenant to do?

Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2013 · 58 posts · 7 votes

Tenant has had 3 signs house they are renting from Landlord is having issues with the Mortgage company.  

1.  A contractor from the Mortgage company can to cut grass at the property in question.

2.  Sign placed on do to call number if house is occupied.

3.  Small door hanger sign hung on door to call the mortgage company.

These seem to be clues landlord has issues but will not completely say.

What can a tenant do in this situation?  This is very annoying and frustrating to see these types of activities taking place at a house they are renting.

1Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Russell BrazilBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
10y

Nothing they can do. If I were them I would keep an eye out to find another property to rent as the home might be sold at any moment necessitating a move.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    Nothing they can do. If I were them I would keep an eye out to find another property to rent as the home might be sold at any moment necessitating a move.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    Agreed, start making plans to move. You could look for a NOD, which I believe they use there, to track any foreclosure process.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    I would call the mortgage company. The fact that they're cutting the grass would make me think that there's been a foreclosure and they already own it. I doubt that they'd spend money on maintenance otherwise. 

    So, they need to know who the owner is, as they might otherwise pay rent to the past landlord and he no longer has the right to accept it. 

    They might get an offer of 'cash for key's from the mortgage company, that would make the move a little easier

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.