Investing In Real Estate At 19 yrs old?

Investing In Real Estate At 19 yrs old?

Hammond, IN · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 0 votes

Hello, 

I'm interested in how someone my age would be able to invest in real estate. I don't want  to work a 9-5 job forever, and I've heard investing young is a good idea but I don't know about investing in real estate. I've tried applying for loans, but usually only come out with a laugh because I have no credit history, and definitely no 20% down payment. If anyone can give ANY kind of advice for someone starting off this young, I'd appreciate it. 

0Reply
8 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    Manuel it can definitely be done. 

    1.Start by going to Meet Up groups and networking functions. Download the Meet up app and connect with Seasoned Real Estate Professionals. You need local guidance and support.

    2. Begin establishing credit. There's multiple ways, google it and choose the best way that works for you.

    3. SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. Have 3-4 months worth of living expenses in the bank before you invest into anything.

    4. Educate yourself. Decide what area of real estate you want to participate in. Listen to Bigger Pockets Podcast on your phone!

    You are not too young at all! I started at 21. (Of course I had a full-time job with a great salary, great credit and access to people within the industry.) 

    Best of Luck!

  • Hammond, IN · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    I appreciate your response! I'll definitely be following your advice.

  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    10y

    First major step is to get the best paying job you can find, two if necessary, live frugally and save every penny you can. There is no easy route it is all hard work and dedication to saving for your down payment. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.