Investor · Irvine, CA · Member since 2016 · 81 posts · 27 votes
Hi fellow BP members,
What is the most effective channel to rent out SFRs? I am just about to list on Zillow and surprised to see several houses in the community have been listed for 70+ days. While my previous review on MLS suggests that houses leased less than 30 days. Does it mean MLS is more effective renting SFRs? Thanks!
I use Craigslist, Zillow Rental Manager (formerly Postlets), and Cozy. Zillow sends your listing out to lots of sites, as does Cozy, but it hits different ones, so I use both to get more coverage. You have to do Craigslist manually on your own.
As for the time on market, you don't know why they've been on the market. It could be something wrong about the house or the rent is set too high. Don't worry about it if your price is set right and house is nice.
Professional · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2016 · 122 posts · 14 votes
10y
@Wei Xie Using a combination of multiple listing websites and Craigslist is a great way to get exposure for your listing online. You may find that certain sites are more popular in your area, so it's good to try out a few.
@Eugene Kemp I'm so glad you had a positive experience! Thanks for the mention.