"Quirks of the House" Document for Tenants

"Quirks of the House" Document for Tenants

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Has anyone ever given their tenants a "quirks of the house" document upon moving in? I've lived in my current residence for 10 months and plan on purchasing a new primary residence (multifamily?) and renting the rowhouse I'm in now. It'll be my first rental, so I'm trying to gather as many landlording tips as possible. While living there, I've learned a few small tips about the house such as how to deal with the mice (we're in the city) and how to clear the back patio drain when it clogs (it looks bad but it's really not). Has anyone ever given their tenants a document like this, and if so, how did it work out? Was it helpful or were the tenants calling you about those issues anyways? Thanks!

0Reply
10 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonna WeberPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    10y

    Hi @Oscar Prom - I have done this informally during a move in walk through, which has been helpful. It wouldn't be a bad idea to put your tips in writing, making sure not to alarm the tenant to things likes mice.  :)   

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.