Searching for Landlord Attorney, Brooklyn, NY

Searching for Landlord Attorney, Brooklyn, NY

Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 71 posts · 35 votes

Hello,
I'm so glad to be a part of BP. Great opportunity to learn and share.  I would greatly appreciate so help. I have a tenant who is a LINC housing program participant whose lease I do not wish to renew ( it expires end of Feb 2017). I anticipate tenant may be a problem so I woud like to speak with an attorney familar with the program or Section 8 to get some questions answered. Can anyone provide me with the name, contact info for a reliable, knowledgable landlord attorney
familar with Brooklyn housing courts and LINC or Section 8 housing program. 

Thank you for any and all assistance provided.

0Reply
8 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · MI · Member since 2014 · 594 posts · 183 votes
    9y

    @Cynthia Brooks you can always contact sections 8 and ask to speak with your tenants representative/case worker. The section 8 rep has the authority to pull your tenants voucher if they are not/were not complying with your rules. Usually that shakes up the tenant to comply. It appears you my be past the mark of talking with section 8, therefore, you may need to take legal action.

    A cheaper route to get legal help is to sign up for pre-paid legal. Google Pre-paid legal and there are slew of companies to help assist you with any current and future challenges you may have. 

    By the way, I would encourage you to complete your profile and add a picture. It gives you a little bit more credibility. 

    All the best and best of luck! 

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 370 posts · 85 votes
    9y

    If this is still an issue, in box me, I have one that might be able to help.

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 370 posts · 85 votes
    9y

    If this is still an issue, in box me, I have one that might be able to help.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.