eviction a nonpayment tenant case was granted to reopen in CT

eviction a nonpayment tenant case was granted to reopen in CT

South Windsor, CT · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes

I have question on reopen eviction case for a nonpayment tenant. 

My tenant just pay first month of rent, now is the 4 months. I filed a eviction case, I was granted on  MOTION FOR DEFAULT FOR FAILURE TO APPEAR AND JUDGMENT FOR POSSESSION. and Notice of Judgment or Disposition was issue from court, which ordered the tenant move out in 5 days or deposit full amount of back rent to clerk. 

After 5 days of Judgement, I was told the tenant filed "a Motion of reopen" and was granted by clerk.

Kindly ask if this is typical or unusual process?

What should I do?

Are there any reason can normally grant to reopen a judged case?

The tenant once complain of some things need to repair. and have little baby. are these the reason can reopen the case?

Thanks in advance

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    The court should have a copy of what the tenant gave them to support the case being reopened, ask the court for a copy of that paperwork. Go to the court house, bring your paperwork and ask court clerk to look up case file for what was filed.

  • South Windsor, CT · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Thanks
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.