Incentives for lower water usage?

Incentives for lower water usage?

Durham, NC · Member since 2013 · 502 posts · 215 votes

I own a condo inhabited by four unrelated individuals, which is legal in Raleigh, NC. As landlord I pay the utility bills and just don't get how each resident can use 86 gal of water daily. I was told that this is not unusual. Nevertheless, it is more than 3 times the amount used in the household I reside in, and that includes daily showers by most residents.  I was wondering if other landlords experiment with incentive models to have the tenants don't waste as much water.

1Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
9y

The easy answer is have the tenant pay the water bills.

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Andreas W.  Any update?  What did you decide to do?

    Marcia

  • Real Estate Agent · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    75 gallons is the average use per capital.  Check for leads, faucet, seal, shower...... Is the water meter accurate?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.