Paypal to collect rents??

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
9y

cozy is free

4-5 days for the money to make it through..

See this reply in the discussion

57 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 261 posts · 170 votes
    9y

    @Jonathan Johnson Yes, it will show all your transaction history. You can request payment for a certain amount from a certain person (this could come in as a handy reminder as tenants approach their due dates) or you can just let them pay you the amount they are supposed to. If you don't request a payment from them they COULD pay whatever amount they wanted. As long as they use their proper names when they sign up it will show their name as the transaction so it will be easy to keep track. I suggest you go ahead and download it on your phone and send a dollar to your wife/buddy just to see how easy it is. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Plano, TX · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    I use Venmo and love it! It transfers to my Wells Fargo account in 1 day. Plus my renter really like it 

  • Investor · San Anselmo, CA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Cozy.co is the best & free.

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 370 posts · 85 votes
    9y

    I use PayPal. I don't know the circumstances other people use it but I only receive payments. It is free for me. I am running into an issue where because I gave a tenant my bank account number, I will have to change it. She is a holdover and I don't want her to deposit the rent to start the clock over again.

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 177 posts · 64 votes
    9y

    Hi everyone,

    I have also been considering going electronic in the future but have not determined the best option yet. One concern I have, besides chargebacks with Paypal, is the tenants ability to pay any amount at any time. For example, if I am in the process of evicting a tenant and they send over a $10 payment, that could be a deciding factor for the courts to not evict based on partial rent accepted. Does anyone have any thoughts about this or ideas of how to prevent the tenants from posting payments when they are in the process of eviction?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.