RUBS for a 6-unit apartment building in Los Angeles

RUBS for a 6-unit apartment building in Los Angeles

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hi All!

I have a six unit apartment building that I want to implement RUBS in for water and trash. I have reached out to a few companies like AUM billing, but I am too small for them. I am wondering if anyone knows of a utility management company that would take on a smaller building? Or does anyone have experience implementing the system themselves?

Thanks for the help!

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    I have never done this, so take my advice with a grain of salt. You can do it yourself. Every month you would just split up the utilities among all the tenets based on the square footage of the units. You could also have your calculation take into account occupancy. Keep the bills and make sure that what you charge them adds up to what is on the bill, otherwise you're breaking the law. Keep us posted and good luck!

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Thanks for the reply Lee! If all else fails I was definitely planning on doing it myself.  I personally think that for appearances sake there is something nice about the bill coming from a third party source...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.