When you list your rental on zillow, does it show your name?

When you list your rental on zillow, does it show your name?

Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 650 posts · 53 votes

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with my personal information being displayed.  

Is there a way to block this?  

Also, my listing shows "DECLINED" on zillow because the agent who posted the listing for the person I bought it from hadn't yet removed their listing.  I now see my rental listing, but it still shows up as DECLINED in my zillow Landlord dashboard.

Any suggestions on how to fix that?  I'm not sure I need to as it appears to be publicly displaying correctly but would like to make sure it's being put in front of as many people as possible to get it rented.

Thanks!

0Reply
117 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

Contact the selling agent and ask them to remove the listing.

Your name can be hidden by checking the appropriate box on the listing.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    If you're scared of being personally associated with your rental property, then maybe it'd be better for you to have a property manager, as potential tenants do need someone to talk to.

    If I was a potential tenant and saw 'declined' across a property, I would assume that it's a scam and wouldn't bother with it.

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y
    Email their customer service
  • Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Contact the selling agent and ask them to remove the listing.

    Your name can be hidden by checking the appropriate box on the listing.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.