Tenant Moves Out and leaves Washer Dryer

Tenant Moves Out and leaves Washer Dryer

Member since 2008 · 28 posts · 0 votes

My tenant moved out, returned the key and informed me that she was leaving her washer and dryer because she did not need them. She does not want any copmensation for them. Do I have a problem if I want to keep them? Should I get or do I need something in writing from her if I do keep them?

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Loveland, CO · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 123 votes
    20y

    Do you KNOW that they belonged to the tenant? Might be that they belong to one of the rent-to-own places. I'd draft a bill of sale with ZERO for the dollar amount and include a statement that they do in fact belong to the tenant. Then remove them from the place, or SELL THEM to the next tenant.

    all cash

  • Member since 2008 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    20y

    If they are working I would rent them to my next tenant. Another revenue source. This is comon thing to do with appliances.

  • Real Estate Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2008 · 139 posts · 5 votes
    20y

    To protect myself, I'd probably draft the bill of sale as Cash suggested. I'd then use them as an incentive for your future tenants, or as depex said, rent them to the next tenant.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.