How is my zillow rental listing doing based on these metrics?

How is my zillow rental listing doing based on these metrics?

Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 650 posts · 53 votes

I've posted an ad for the first time on zillow for my rental (previously use a Property Manager).  

I posted the ad last week on Zillow, Trulia, Craigslist, Hot Pads.  

I had the following view counts by day:

- Sunday - 39

- Monday - 97

- Tuesday 47

- Wednesday 39

- Thursday 20

In the last 2 days, I've had 8 saves.  

I've had 2 scheduled showings and completed 1 showing.

Based on this information, would you say I'm doing pretty good with potentially finding a prospect?

I haven't lowered the price yet as it's just been on the market for 5 days now.  Thoughts on how best to proceed?  I have a little over a month to get a tenant in it before i start getting into "vacancy" time.

0Reply
94 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    @Steve S.

    I think your fine.  I use Zillow Rental Manager for my rental houses.  I usually have a tenant within 7 - 10 days.  When you use Zillow it automatically links to Trulia and Hot Pads.  I always look at the competition and see what there rentals look like and to make sure mine compares favorably. I like to post my properties on Thursday and take advantage of the weekend.

    Good Luck.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Chicago Suburbs, IL · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 594 votes
    9y

    @Steve S. I disagree with the above, views mean nothing, it's number of showings and applications that count. 1 actual showing in one week is pretty low, at least for my area. I would guess that either you don't have good inside pictures, or it's priced to high.

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 82 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    @Steve S.

    I agree with Kimberly. 
    I work as a leasing agent so my job is advertising and showing properties to get them rented out. 1 showing within a week is okay but it's not great in my professional opinion. 

    Tons of people can go on Zillow and open an ad. In fact, I do this for fun in different markets just to keep up on how things are doing in other areas. It comes down to the actual phone calls and showings you are having. 

    My rule for the properties I'm renting out is that if I don't have a good amount of true interest within the first 7 days of being posted, I like to drop the price by $50 - $100.  

    You want  to avoid letting your ad sit on the market for too long and becoming "stale."

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.