Referrals to Rental Insurance Companies

Referrals to Rental Insurance Companies

Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 1 vote

Hi BP,

I am 23 years old and new to real estate investing from Toronto, ON. I am looking to do my first deal in London, ON, but want to understand the potential costs of Insurance for rental properties, from what I understand student rental properties do cost more, but I want to better understand what that truly quantifies into?

Does anyone have any recommendations to an insurance company I can get a quote from? All your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick

1Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason BottPro Member
    Insurance Agent · Nationwide · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Patrick Kwan the first thing you should be aware of is US companies do not insure in Canada and vice versa.  Find some good Canadian based agents to help.

  • Rental Property Investor · Oakville/ Brantford, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 147 posts · 91 votes
    9y
    Hi Patrick Kwan , Dan Tetzlaff is a great broker in Ontario who works with many investors. PM me if you want his contact info.
  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Originally posted by @Sarah Larbi:

    Hi Patrick Kwan , Dan Tetzlaff is a great broker in Ontario who works with many investors. PM me if you want his contact info.

     Done :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.