Two Family Dwelling Fire Insurance in Massachusetts

Two Family Dwelling Fire Insurance in Massachusetts

Investor · Southport, NC · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 26 votes

BP, I need some assistance! 

I'm closing on a 2 family in Massachusetts, 2600 sq. ft. 7 beds, 2 bath. $152k

Received my first quote for fire dwelling coverage. Premium came back at $2160/yr!

They have replacement cost at $359k, which is the bulk of the premium. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me with a property value at $152k. Anyone have an insurance company that does not do replacement cost? I'd prefer to insure around the value I'm paying and if building burns to the ground I'll just take my insurance check and walk. 

Thanks in advance for the help!!

0Reply
17 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Reading, MA · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 13 votes
    9y
    Hi Andrew, I have a great resource who is a instance broker I've worked with for years. They do use replacement cost, but would hurt to get a second opinion. Happy to connect you if your interested.
  • Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    I have a company who specializes in real estate investors and provides insurance for ACV - Actual Cash Value.  There is a link on my website for Property Insurance under the Application tab, or you can reach out to @Tim Norris

  • Investor · Southport, NC · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    Thank you for the reply @Patrick Hopkins and @Ann Bellamy, much appreciated.

    @Tim Norris, do you have a number to reach you? Do banks allow ACV? I haven't asked my lender yet. Thanks

  • Investor · Southport, NC · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    @Patrick Hopkins, just found out my lender only allows replacement cost. Would you mind connecting me with your broker? Thank you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Reading, MA · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    Happy to, and my apologies for the typos in my post – typing too quickly on my iPhone. Please PM me your contact info and I'll send out a intro email!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.