Can you recommend a website where I can find a lease agreement?

Can you recommend a website where I can find a lease agreement?

Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 15 votes

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to lease my home for the first time to a tenant. Could you recommend a good comprehensive lease agreement specific to Texas that I can also alter and make changes? Is there a website that I can use? Would it be possible to find one that I can send the tenant through email and he can docusign? Or is it better to do it in person and have him physically sign the lease??

This is my first time leasing my home and I'm both nervous and excited at the same time!

0Reply
13 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Jose, CA, Bellevue, WA · Member since 2016 · 327 posts · 257 votes
    9y

    Check out this section of BP... https://www.biggerpockets.com/files/templates/category?page=2

  • Josh C.Pro Member
    Property Manager · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    There are some here at BP, but it's probably better to buy one from your attorney. They have them written already and you could probably buy one for 100-300 bucks. Probably worth it. Or if you are feeling a little more adventurous/broke go to apartment buildings and say you are interested in renting an apartment but you want to see their lease first and review it. Half the time they will give you one and half the time they won't. I've definitely never done that before. Good luck!
  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    I like the Nolo Press contracts.  I used their CA landlord book as my manager bible, and used all their forms (included in the book).  I liked them way better than the Apartment Association's forms.  They're easy for everyone to understand.

    They're cheap, too, and written by attorneys.   Here's their TX book and links to TX contracts:

    http://store.nolo.com/products/every-texas-landlor...

  • Plano, TX · Member since 2017 · 30 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    Take a look at Rocket Lawyer. I have used them in the past to form LLCs. They literally take care of everything for you. You just fill out some info and the document is created automagically. 

    www.rocketlawyer.com  

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    Can you use your state's assn contract? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.