Investor · atlanta , GA · Member since 2012 · 287 posts · 148 votes
I know this happens to other investors / landlords. I cringe every time I hear Josh, Brandon, or anyone else on a podcast say, "Call people on Craigslist or Zillow that have a house for rent and see if they want to sell it, they might be a tired landlord."
Every time I post a house for rent I get a bunch of people e-mailing and texting me this almost exact text, voicemail, or email, "Hi Thomas, I am an investor and I saw your rental property on Craigslist. I am looking to buy a property in the same area in the next few weeks. You wouldn't have any interest in selling would you? Call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thanks
I laugh because as soon as I tell them "All of my properties are for sell, at full appraised value, and I don't do owner financing." It's like crickets, they never return the message.
Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
9y
At least they are calling to offer to buy something from you and not selling you. I get so many calls every day, some robot calls, done big telemarketer call centers, and everything in between. Even being on the national do not call list and I still get them daily.
Ok, rant over, these calls you are getting are investors looking to find motivated home sellers. Obviously you are not one of them so perhaps in your ad, you can list that fact so they may stop calling you.
@Ray Lai shhhhhh I'm trying to decide what flavor of latte to get at Starbucks right now
LOL
Since you get so many calls, why not put it into a list so that in case you ever want to do a big 1031 exchange and need some quick cash buyers, you will have plenty to choose from and let them bid against each other