Piecemealing Property Management from Out of State

Piecemealing Property Management from Out of State

Dan ShelhamerPro Member
Realtor · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2015 · 163 posts · 99 votes

I am a Buy & Hold Investor and currently have 6 properties in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago (Lake County).  I will be moving to Phoenix in spring-summer of 2018, and am wondering how I will handle the management of these properties from afar.  I currently have a great handyman who is very responsive, and also my realtor will show my properties when their are vacancies.  I believe that I will try to manage my properties from Arizona since I seem to have a team that will be able to fit my needs.  I just don't see why I should pay a PM 8-10% to make the phone calls to the people that I already have in place.  I am looking for input & advice from any landlord's and/or property managers out there who might see something that I am missing.  Thanks!

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
9y

"This is the forum for discussing Do It Yourself projects. Need help with electrical work? Can't get that sink in correctly? Talk about everything including landscaping, interior design, home improvements, carpentry, electrical work, and more."

This question in another forum might gather more responses for you.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    "This is the forum for discussing Do It Yourself projects. Need help with electrical work? Can't get that sink in correctly? Talk about everything including landscaping, interior design, home improvements, carpentry, electrical work, and more."

    This question in another forum might gather more responses for you.

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    Thanks @Marcia Maynard . (I've moved him to the right forum.)

  • Dan ShelhamerPro Member
    OP
    Realtor · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2015 · 163 posts · 99 votes
    9y

    @Marcia Maynard @Mindy Jensen whoops, thanks so much for helping with that!

  • Rental Property Investor · Cedar Park, TX · Member since 2014 · 414 posts · 272 votes
    9y

    @Dan Shelhamer, stick with your plan.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.