Bathrooms- tile or shower stall for moderate apartment rental

Bathrooms- tile or shower stall for moderate apartment rental

Peyton, CO · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes

I just purchased a 3 bedroom rental apartment and it has the little square tiles. And they are a MESS!  the mold and mildew in there is terrible- hence I got a good deal on the place :) . Anyway.... Should I install bigger, updated tiles for the shower and risk the mold mildew grout issue or just install a prefab, fiberglass shower stall?  The stall seems more durable and easier to keep clean but the tiles are more updated.  Opinions?

0Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Robotics Engineer · Germantown, MD · Member since 2015 · 98 posts · 24 votes
    8y

    I personally like the updated tiles better. If there isn't a huge price difference in the remodel I would go with that. As for the mold/mildew issue, I installed a timer with different time settings for the fan that was pretty cheap($15), works pretty well and that my tenants seem to like. I use it myself at home too. Regardless, usually if you have a tenant that takes care of your place and that is clean, you will not have a mold issue.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.