Maintenance request service

Maintenance request service

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 0 votes

Hi guys,

I live in California and yesterday I accidentally broke one of my living-room glass windows. I called management and they said that it would cost me $225 to have it fixed. Since I can get it fixed by someone for a cheaper price I told them to cancel the work order. However, the maintenance manager said that I can't cancel it and that they have to send a union worker to do the job. Is this whole process legal? 

Thanks for your help! Chris

0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bryan ZuetelPro Member
    Attorney · Orange County, CA · Member since 2017 · 242 posts · 99 votes
    8y

    I don't know that I would question whether it's legal.  I would suspect that you agreed to using their workers and repairmen in your lease agreement.

  • Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y

    Its california , what does legal have to do with anything ?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.