Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 45 posts · 13 votes
I am currently under a lease that goes for another 8 to 9 months and got a email from my property manager that they lost my lease and will need me to sign a new one. I unfortunately do not have a copy for myself. I am curious what my options moving forward are and should I be suspicious?
I am currently under a lease that goes for another 8 to 9 months and got a email from my property manager that they lost my lease and will need me to sign a new one. I unfortunately do not have a copy for myself. I am curious what my options moving forward are and should I be suspicious?
Seems odd to me. Instead of having you sign a new one why aren't they asking that you email a copy of your signed agreement to them? It doesn't matter that you don't have one to send. They wouldn't know that. How will you know that what they put in front of you is the same as the Lease you signed in the past? I'd probably have them email one to me for me to "take to my attorney" for review. And I'd tell them to look harder for the original. See what they say. They will probably back off knowing that they shouldn't be "losing" lease agreements.
Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 45 posts · 13 votes
8y
Sure enough... As soon as I requested a new one to send to my lawyer they sent me an electronic copy and said they had found it in old software. riighhhhhttttt. Thank you again @Account Closed