Rental Property Investor · Owatonna, MN · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 12 votes
Hey guys, about 4 months ago I bought my first investment property (a duplex), and i currently have it managed by a separate company (for multiple reasons). I am now looking into buying my 2nd property and want to start transitioning into self management.
What is your guys, personal favorite all in one management software?
I'm currently looking at.
Buldium
Cozy
Rentalutions
I would love to hear anyone's opinion and experience on the matter.
Real Estate Agent · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 307 votes
8y
Matthew Kern I use cozy currently, it’s been great for my first 8 doors and would probably be fine as I transition to 12 next month. It’s free, easy to use and functional enough to get me by with very little work on my part.
I’m getting ready to upgrade because I will be managing for others soon and I’ve been looking at buildium or appfolio which are much more involved and require a lot more time to build out. They also have much higher capability and many more functions. If you have the time to build out the software, want to pay for it and plan to scale up your rental business very quickly try one of the bigger and more expensive companies. If you are only going to manage for yourself and it’ll take you a while to get above 10-20 doors I’d recommend starting with something free at first and building slowly. Cozy fit my business well for 2 years and I’d probably continue with it if I wasn’t managing for others soon.
Automatic late fees rolled out to a small beta group in a April. Everyone else will get it in mid-late May. If you’d like to be part of that early group, simply email the Cozy support treat.
Hey @Matthew Kern have you checked out Hemlane, great all around Property Management software that was pretty much made for situations like the one you are in. They really make the Management part that much easier so you can expand.
Rental Property Investor · Red Bank, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
With Cozy I get an email of when any of my tenants has scheduled their rent. It comes at the end of the day it is scheduled. If I go to the site it will tell me when the money will deposit in my account.
I also appreciate that the website now recognizes my phone so it acts more as an app. Good stuff.
Brentwood, TN · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 5 votes
8y
@Yvonne H. We use PropertyZar. They do have automatic late fees as well as some other automated tasks. Their pricing is $1 a unit per month. Comes with tenant app for paying online, inspection app for my property inspections and an owner app. Although I have not used it fully yet, there is so much I still need to get familiar with. I've looked at Appfolio and Buildium before deciding on this one. I'm probably missing a lot of features. You can see if they have what you need from their web site.
LOS ANGELES, CA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
8y
@Matthew Kern - have you checked out Hemlane, great all around Property Management software that was pretty much made for situations like the one you are in. They really make the Management part that much easier so you can expand ... and they have automatic late fees
Galva, IL · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 26 votes
8y
I just started with buildium it’s ok so far but my big concern it’s all cloud based which is good and bad, do I own that data are only own it if I keep paying? Not sure need to find out. I’m sure I could down load ? So I’m nervous that if I start to dislike the data is gone