Should I consider this tenant for my rental ??? Would you?

Should I consider this tenant for my rental ??? Would you?

Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2014 · 153 posts · 126 votes

Hey Guys JP here, 

I just finished renovating a 2 family home and currently filling the 2 vacancies. I have received some interesting inquiries thus far, but this one I had to share on here. I have included a picture of the email for you all to see (pay attention to the tenants email). 

Based on this email, would you consider renting to this tenant? lol why not?

0Reply
13 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    8y

    Well, there's no information in the e-mail, but based on the user name the tenant appears juvenile. On the other hand, they did use "Good evening", which is not common among millenials as far as I know. And yet on the other hand their sentence structure could use some work. 

    I would probably tell them yes and no, and go from there. 

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y
    There’s no info here. Get income, credit check and background check then go from there
  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 91 posts · 23 votes
    8y
    Haha I’d be a little scared. Can you discriminate based on usernames or email addresses? But no, as long as it was illegal I wouldn’t even think about it! #cashheroutside
  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2014 · 153 posts · 126 votes
    8y

    @JD Martin well I am a licensed realtor & after disclosing that information - she basically went went silent lol... My gut tells me this is prob one of those instances where having your license was advantageous to me :-)

  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2014 · 153 posts · 126 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed I dont think email  usernames is a protected class... Ill have to call the department of state and verify =D lol

  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2014 · 153 posts · 126 votes
    8y

    @Caleb Heimsoth Can I just pay you $50 so you can vet this person!? haha  jk.  She vanished once I told her I was an agent :-)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.