Morris Invest company

Morris Invest company

Specialist · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 7 votes
Hello all. My name is jamil and I’m a very green investor in the sense that I was stuck in analysis paralysis. I’m pushing myself to make the jump into rental property. I’m going to be working with fund and grow for funding and a company called Morris invest to purchase my first turn key rental property. I guess I would say my question would be if anyone has felt with them and what was they’re experience through the process? I currently reside in Chicago.
1Reply
73 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
8y
You buy one of Clayton’s slum houses you won’t have to worry about * analysis paralysis *.. ...you’ll be in *financial paralysis* when you realize you spent your savings on a dilapidated crack house in the worst area of Indiana
See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 341 posts · 643 votes
    8y

    It's been said multiple times @Jamil Rivera already, but DO NOT work with Morris Invest.

    I have first hand experience investing with them and started that post in 2016 that has over 700 replies now. PM me if you want any more info.

    -Tyler

  • Specialist · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    @Colin Zhu wow.... good thing I asked because we would have been in a deep hole right now. Thank for sharing your experience.
  • Specialist · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    @Tyler Jahnke thank you for you advice. I’m going to check out your thread today so I can share with my partner. Now the hunt to purchase starts all over.
  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 51 posts · 48 votes
    8y

    @Jamil Rivera you are already a step ahead of me by coming to BP first and asking around.

  • Rental Property Investor · Berkeley, CA · Member since 2018 · 59 posts · 36 votes
    8y

    @Jamil Rivera - I can give a nod to Norada Real Estate for my first 2 rental properties; one purchased in March and the other in May of this year.

    I have also been participating in Real Wealth Network's live events and webinars, and they also provide a fair amount of resources for turnkey investors.

    Given my day job, I'm appreciative of turnkey providers, although I want to take part in value-add opportunities next and am working on raising capital to do so.

  • Specialist · Orange County, CA · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 623 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the mention @Jonathan James Look.  

    We appreciate you as a client, and thanks for your trust.  :-)

    Continues success!

  • Specialist · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    @Jonathan James Thank you for commenting on my thread. Can you give me a little more detail on how they are as a company. I’m in a similar situation as you. I work 14hours a day m- sat.
  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y

    I live in Australia. I was going to invest with Morris Invest, but decided to create my own contacts and glad that I did. After a few months of communication, I ended up working with Barb Getty over there, who helped me buy 2 duplexes (and looking for a 3rd). My brother did the same. She is absolutely awesome. No pressure, etc. She has lived in Indianapolis most of her life.  This is my personal preference, but I only buy all brick, no basement duplexes 1950+. Barb goes through them for me and sends me video of them, gives me an indication of cost of rehab and lets me know about the area, etc.  She won't let me buy anything she wouldn't buy herself. She is also an investor. 

    I ended up using CityPlace Real Estate to manage and repair my properties and overall they have been pretty good.

  • Realtor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 408 posts · 361 votes
    8y

    There is a pretty solid group on Facebook that's relatively new, but growing. Good resources on there. Specifically for anyone out of state, little to no pitching. 

    Search, "Indianapolis Out Of State Investors" and it should pop up. 

    Nice job asking here before jumping in. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Berkeley, CA · Member since 2018 · 59 posts · 36 votes
    8y

    @Jamil Rivera - Sorry it's been a couple days; it's been one busy weekend! What details would you like to know?  Considering this thread is about Morris Invest and to avoid hijacking it, I could either DM you more details or start a new thread. Let me know.

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 270 posts · 217 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @David J.:

    I am having a hard time understanding the real problem here. 

    • Is it that Morris Invest is dishonest?
    • Or is it that the principles of buying a cheap house for cash, fixing and cashing out are flawed?

    Because I am not planning to invest with their company but I have been strongly thinking over my strategy and am considering taking on the low end SFH market

     Both.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 732 votes
    8y

    #NEVERMORRIS

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    https://youtu.be/gqzc4l-up18
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.