Sunnyvale, CA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
HI BP Friends,
I just got in contract for a multifamily apt building in the portland, oregon area, I'm looking for any referrals for a good property inspector and sewer scope contractors.
Real Estate Agent · Portland, OR · Member since 2013 · 412 posts · 219 votes
8y
Congratulations Eduardo! Would love to hear more about the property once you feel comfortable sharing!
I can recommend a couple of folks for you...
Balanced Inspections (http://balancedinspections.com/)are a great company with tons of experience. They've inspected small multifamily for me a couple times and have done plenty of inspections for our clients. If for some reason they're not able to help you out, they'll have recommendations for you.
For Sewer Scope I often use Root Excavation or Alpha Environmental and have had good results with each of them.
Sunnyvale, CA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
8y
@Mathew Wray I will share more details soon, still wrapping my head around all the paperwork, process, etc :). Thanks for the referrals, I will reach out to them
Today I spent part of the the day getting quotes from companies that I found through yelp/angie's list and was surprise by the difference in price, some quote 1k,3k, 5k, is this usual? Any recommendations on what is fair price for a multifamily inspection in the portland area?
Real Estate Agent · Portland, OR · Member since 2013 · 412 posts · 219 votes
8y
It really depends on square footage and the number of units.
I’ll also caution you to get references...like most things in life, you get what you pay for. No sense (in my opinion) arguing over $250 on a six-figure purchase price only to end up with the guy who cuts corners to make up for the lower price. I’m not saying to automatically go with the most expensive, I’m just saying if everyone else is in a 3-4K range and you find one at 1,500, there’s probably a reason so I’d make sure and ask to talk with last clients!