143 Off-Market, Fully Occupied Rentals in Mesquite, TX

143 Off-Market, Fully Occupied Rentals in Mesquite, TX

Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 185 posts · 9 votes

Hello! I currently have in the making a package deal for 143 single family homes in Mesquite. I am still finalizing numbers, but wanted to guage initial interest. The seller of these properties is retiring and as such is ready to unload their tremendous number of houses in the area. All of the houses are fully occupied! Additional information is available upon request!

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y
Originally posted by @Logan Gerard:

@Matt K. as mentioned we are still finalizing the numbers. By that, I mean comps are being ran on every individual property to establish their value individually. Additionally, leases for every property will become available. What if I told you they were all managed by a single property management company that could transition with the new owner?

 I'm not saying it isn't a good deal, I'm saying how many potential buyers can fund a deal like that? I'd bet you'd have more of a chance of finding say 10 people to knock down smaller deals than the 1 person who could knock down the entire deal.

So many people claim to be able to fund a deal no issue no matter the size "if it's good enough" but I find that hard to believe and rarely see examples from it unless it's an established player...

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    Curious how you tackle this... what's the average price per unit? I'd imagine you have to break this down into smaller chunks other wise almost no one will be able to approach this.

  • Member since 2018 · 509 posts · 211 votes
    8y

    No deal is too big for a master lease options operator.

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Eric Adobo:

    No deal is too big for a master lease options operator.

     Maybe if you have off the charts risk tolerance...... but someone wanting to retire probably A) doesn't want to deal w/ master lease and B) doesn't care to learn about the benefit of a master lease.

    Even if avg price was 50k, how many people w/ almost 2mil cash for the down payment or who can qualify for 7+ mil loan are going to want to invest in Mesquite, TX (which has less than 200k people)....

  • Rental Property Investor · Denison, TX · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    @Logan Gerard more information please?
  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 185 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Matt K. as mentioned we are still finalizing the numbers. By that, I mean comps are being ran on every individual property to establish their value individually. Additionally, leases for every property will become available. What if I told you they were all managed by a single property management company that could transition with the new owner?

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Logan Gerard:

    @Matt K. as mentioned we are still finalizing the numbers. By that, I mean comps are being ran on every individual property to establish their value individually. Additionally, leases for every property will become available. What if I told you they were all managed by a single property management company that could transition with the new owner?

     I'm not saying it isn't a good deal, I'm saying how many potential buyers can fund a deal like that? I'd bet you'd have more of a chance of finding say 10 people to knock down smaller deals than the 1 person who could knock down the entire deal.

    So many people claim to be able to fund a deal no issue no matter the size "if it's good enough" but I find that hard to believe and rarely see examples from it unless it's an established player...

  • Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
    Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    8y

    Mequite is a hot, hot market could be some deals here if they are going to be sold off-market and priced accordingly. Presents a huge due diligence challenge to buy and sell as a group. Having an established PM in place is definitely a great benefit. Too big for me but; Keep us posted!

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 185 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Matt K. I totally agree, it can be very hard to find a buyer for something this large! It is definitely a possibility that we will ultimately end up selling the properties in smaller packages, but to start we are going to see if we can knock it all down with one stone:)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.