College senior trying to buy first rental property

2 Replies

Hi everyone! I am a college senior and want to purchase my first rental property ASAP. Any suggestions on how to go about this process? I live in the Philadelphia area and have picked out two suburban areas of focus but I go to school in Virginia. I have saved up enough money and am ready to go but do not know best way to get this first deal going. I would like to do an FHA loan or possibly have my parents co-sign but is there a better way to do it? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi @John La Prise , My name is Garrett Sowle. I'm an investor and investor friendly agent servicing Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. I specialize in helping first time home buyers get started investing in owner occupied properties with low down payment loans. I’d love to sit down with you to discuss some options that might be available to you. Feel free to send me a message and we can set up some time to have a quick chat if you are interested in hearing more. I wish you the best in your real estate investing journey!

You cannot have a cosignor on an investment property. Also, what income do you have? You mentioned you are a college student. Do you have two years employment ? Without a two year employment history and a current job you cannot qualify for a mortgage. Also, if purchasing FHA, you have to live in the property. How would you live in the property if going to school in Virginia ?