Vancouver, BC · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 4 votes
Hello all!
One of our rental properties in Kent, WA has a leaking bathroom, and we had to get our contractors in to do the restoration work. The work has already taken 1/2 month, and will likely take another 1/2 month to complete. The property has two bathroom, so the tenant will be able to use the other bathroom for day-to-day activities (the leaking one is the smaller of the two).
I am wondering in this kind of situation, do landlord normally give a rent reduction, and if so, how much do people generally give?
Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 118 posts · 108 votes
8y
Hi Victor,
From my perspective, the tenant is not getting all they paid for, so I typically give a rent deduction, especially if they are a good tenant and I want to keep them. Usually, they are happy to get the reduction and the upgraded property.