Home Insurance Cost In Newark NJ

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2018 · 52 posts · 31 votes
7y

Nyan, 

I got quoted anywhere between $1,750 - $2,900 for a 2-family home in was looking to purchase 5 weeks ago.

I also pursued quotes from every carrier and I believe the quotes started to get more expensive each consecutive time. I think they pull a record every time you apply for a quote which may affect their pricing tools. Dud to this I dont recommend getting too many quotes during your search.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 52 posts · 31 votes
    7y

    Nyan, 

    I got quoted anywhere between $1,750 - $2,900 for a 2-family home in was looking to purchase 5 weeks ago.

    I also pursued quotes from every carrier and I believe the quotes started to get more expensive each consecutive time. I think they pull a record every time you apply for a quote which may affect their pricing tools. Dud to this I dont recommend getting too many quotes during your search.

  • Rental Property Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2015 · 490 posts · 301 votes
    7y

    Depends ona  few factors mot importantly is whether or not its vacant. I have a great insurance guy if youwant to DM me.

  • Investor · Linden, NJ · Member since 2016 · 190 posts · 116 votes
    7y

    Newark is an expensive place to insure.  A while ago a few carriers stopped insuring non owner occupied homes there.  Some came back but it is still more expensive.   

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2018 · 62 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the info guys

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.