Does everyone still physically ‘show’ properties?

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
7y

I would never rent to any tenant that did not see the property first in person. This is one reason I do not rent to applicants living away looking to move to my area. If a applicant is not interested in seeing the property in person I do not take the risk of renting to them.

Technology is a lazy approach to our business in some cases, this being one.

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 14 votes
    7y
    @Reggie Maggard I just did a video showing for the first time, but was clear I expected lease signing, etc to be in person. The tenant couldnt make it to the open house, but was eager to rent. I walked her around on FaceTime and she applied, was a great applicant and is now moved in. Her roommate and I met in person to sign the lease, and everything else was digital.
  • Blue Springs, MO · Member since 2014 · 353 posts · 52 votes
    7y
    @Tom Shepard ok I sent you a request
  • Specialist · Easton, PA · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    @Mark Fries Good idea, but how do know they lock the door behind them?
  • Contractor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    @Matt Michaelson I send them a text message making sure they did... Whether they did or not that's just a risk I'm willing to take.
  • Specialist · Easton, PA · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    @Mark Fries Not I, I wouldnt be able to sleep not knowing. I just try and set up multiple showings at a time. This way when most “no show”, if I get one it wasn’t a complete waste of time.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.