Should I go with 2 properties for my first deal or 1

Should I go with 2 properties for my first deal or 1

Independence, MO · Member since 2016 · 192 posts · 18 votes

Ok so I have 2 owners who are wanting to sell their properties to me. One via Land Contract ( dont have the details on the deal as of yet) and the other on a Sandwhich lease option.  Since this is going to be my first deal. Should I do both or should i just do one. Thanks guys and gals.

0Reply
13 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Wow, those are two very different take downs.

    I've got sooo many questions about them, but to answer you question, I vote for doing only one at a time.

    You've got to work the bugs out of a deal after you get it. I strongly recommend that you give yourself some time to try to optimize the investment after you buy it.

    You need to take a moment to try to cut expenses and increase income. This takes mental energy and you may skip over the optimization process if you have too many balls in the air.

    One at at time.

    Best to you

  • Accountant · We serve all 50 states · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 50 votes
    7y

    Do the numbers make sense though? I understand the sellers want to sell, but are these properties good investments?

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Deangelo Mack:

    Ok so I have 2 owners who are wanting to sell their properties to me. One via Land Contract ( dont have the details on the deal as of yet) and the other on a Sandwhich lease option.  Since this is going to be my first deal. Should I do both or should i just do one. Thanks guys and gals.

     What in the wild west is a sandwich lease option? FYI lease options are often seen as predatory & sometimes illegal.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.