Port Charlotte, FL Multifamily investors?

Port Charlotte, FL Multifamily investors?

Rental Property Investor · Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes

So, my 5 year plan has me taking early retirement and heading to Florida, but still keeping my properties in Iowa. I am visiting the Port Charlotte area in March 2019. Any multi family/duplex investors like that area? Pros? Cons? I might buy early, house hack in 2023, build modest home once there. Exploring many options.

0Reply
26 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Anthony,

    I purchased a duplex in port charlotte in november 2018. It was off the MLS and met the 1% rule. I reside in Miami, and can't find anything close to 1% in South Florida.

    It's a buy and hold for me. So far so good. Inherited tenants, they've been communicative, keep the units in good shape and pay on time.

    good luck

    Denis

  • Investor · Bradenton, FL · Member since 2014 · 109 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    are there duplexes/multi-plexes in port charlotte area? I only seem to find SFRs.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.