Real Estate Agents, Property Managers, Contractors, and Lenders

Real Estate Agents, Property Managers, Contractors, and Lenders

Rental Property Investor · Newport News, VA · Member since 2018 · 264 posts · 130 votes

I'm looking to be an out-of-state buy and hold investor due to moving every 3 years with the military. I have a few questions for everyone:

1. How do you find investor-friendly real estate agents (does anyone have a good step-by-step process for this?)

2. How do you find dependable property managers? (I understand that these are tough to find and people usually find the best property managers through trial and error. However, do you have any tips on expediting the process?)

3. How do you find decent contractors? (Same problem/question as property managers above from my understanding)

**Please let me know if I could give some of your resources some business in the following areas:**

Oviedo, Florida

Example questions:

-Real estate agent?

-Property manager?

-Contractor?

-Lender?

-Insurance (flood/general etc...)

Same questions for the rest:

Plainfield, Indiana

Brownsburg, Indiana

Bloomington, Indiana

Mandeville, Louisiana

Hernando, Mississippi

Southaven, Mississippi

O'Fallon, Missouri

Kansas City, Missouri

Papillion, Nebraska

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Rio Rancho, New Mexico

Matthews, North Carolina

Gastonia, North Carolina

Hendersonville, Tennessee

Gastonia, Tennessee

Pearland, Texas

McAllen, Texas

McKinney, Texas

Rockwall, Texas

Plano, Texas

Roanoke, Virginia

All help appreciated,

V/r

Jesse

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · KY · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 30 votes
    7y

    I’m not in any of the areas listed, but I can help answer a few of your questions. 

    1- Find out which agent handles the Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae/HUD foreclosures in the given area. There's normally 1 agent assigned to each in smaller cities. This is as easy as checking the homesteps homepath hud sites for a listing agent name. In my experience, these agents are familiar with what investors are looking for.

    2- Can’t help there, I interviewed and hired my own.

    3- The agents that you find from #1 will also have contractor names as they use contractors to do repairs to get the homes ready for sale. 

    Hope this helps a little! Best of luck! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. 

  • Lender · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2018 · 703 posts · 446 votes
    7y

    I would laser focus you attention on one area, to cast a wide net like that its going to be hard unless you have crazy deep pockets. I would look at the cities you have listed and find the market you can get the best returns, then build your team, and off to the races.

  • Rental Property Investor · Newport News, VA · Member since 2018 · 264 posts · 130 votes
    7y

    @Kelly A. and @Tim Johnson

    Thank you guys for the tips!

    I'll check out HUD sites for agents.

    Thank you,

    Jesse

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.