General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Akeim Fin
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Providence, RI
Votes |
Handling Eviction in Rhode Island How to protect your investment?

Akeim Fin
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Providence, RI
Posted Feb 7 2019, 17:18

Recently Bought a turn key three family that I'm house hacking  and inherited two tenants with the purchase. Its the last month to their lease (February 28 is last day) and surprise surprise they're not paying. Currently the 7th. 

Im still new to investing and property management. Any tips on finding a good Lawyer if I have to get them Evicted? Should I even go to a lawyer? My lawyer that closed on the house doesn't handle this type of stuff but he was saying all the eviction will do is maybe get them out but it won't get you your money. Maybe?? they didn't pay why maybe?   The eviction will also be on their record but if they are getting evicted then their record is probably not the best anyway. What happens if they reck the place when they leave I ask? Then you can take them to court but good luck collecting.  

In short I'm screwed? At least that's what I got from the convo. I read the BP's book on property management and felt so confident but now it seems like there is no real way to protect your investment. Am I missing something ? 

Loading replies...