Payment questions for two tenants not one family

Payment questions for two tenants not one family

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I have two tenants will sign the same contract. But they are not a family. Their name occurs on first and last pages of tenants section. One of them will write me a check I think. Can I evict all of them if I don’t get payment in full from one of them?

Those two are nurses. They will have “my home care group” at my property. She told me they will have 4 seniors with them. Do I need those 4 seniors’ name on the lease agreement?

This is my first time being landlord.

Thanks.

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    7y

    A few questions: Are they running a business out of your rental?  Is the house large enough to house 6 people?  Check with your insurance about the business aspect and if they cover 6 unrelated individuals living in the house.

  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    7y

    Check first with your local municipal office and confirm a business is allowed in tph community, whether they need a licence, and your liability issues should something happen.

    Sounds like a situation I would want nothing to do with as a landlord. Too much liability risk. You will probably have issues with your insurance.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.