Where do you go for standard supplies for rentals?

Where do you go for standard supplies for rentals?

Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 6 votes

Hi all- looking for input on what companies you all have used for standard supplies rehabing rental units?! 

My first unit rehab i had the luxury of time so I was able to get really great discounts on cabinets, toilet, tub etc by looking around / waiting on deals. A few people mentioned Home Depot has basic skus which are affordable, recieved positive renter feedback, and easily repeatable for pretty much every room but does anyone have other reccomendaitons or models they use sucssesfully?

Thanks in advance for the input!

Amanda

0Reply
10 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · PInellas County Largo, FL · Member since 2016 · 902 posts · 810 votes
    7y

    In the interest of saving time over a saving a few dollars price shopping, I went with HD builder grade for most of my supplies for my 3 rental rehabs.  One of the ideas was that we now have a sku list for the next projects.  We won't ever have to shop again.  Or at least we won't have to shop like we did the first time!  

    We have a contractor/pro account and we can call or email the contractor's/pro desk and they can collect everything and have it ready for pickup, or just deliver it for a small fee.  And if a product, like a shower valve or toilet doesn't work out, we'll just pop in and pick out a new one and replace it on the master list.

    This is with the caveat that I would never buy granite or tile from there.  My painter loves their paint, though.  I use Sherwin-Williams ceiling paint but the rest is Behr and it seems to be working out.  Time will tell.  

    I used Floor and Decor for the flooring and tile and backsplashes and a direct supplier for the granite.  

    I chose a cabinet guy for the same reason, his price was competitive, and I didn't want to take the time to learn to be a cabinet installer -- they did amazing finish work and now my rentals have better, solid wood, cabinets than 90% of the home-brew flips I see around here.  And for the same price or less as these price shoppers paid!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.