Single Family Homes in Camden NJ

Single Family Homes in Camden NJ

Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi everyone,

I am interested in investing in Camden, NJ. I would like to buy single family homes all cash and renovate and then take out a mortgage. A friend of mine told me that banks aren't very excited to give mortgages on single family investment real estate properties in Camden. Has anyone found this to be true? 

All responses will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
13 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · South Jersey · Member since 2014 · 100 posts · 85 votes
    7y

    @Roey Malul I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm going to follow this post as I'm currently investing in Camden!

  • Lender · Irvine, CA · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Roey Malul

    I cannot speak for banks but providing loans on SFR investment properties in Camden, NJ is definitely a possibility.

  • Real Estate Agent · Freehold, NJ · Member since 2018 · 115 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    @Roey Malul

    Don’t exactly know if they are or aren’t. Don’t forget Camden is a high crime area which can be viewed as a higher risk for banks to be lending to. I’m sure there would be other reasons, but this could be a huge one if true. Best of luck!

  • Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thank you everyone for your feedback if I find out more info I will be sure to share 

  • Investor · Camden , NJ · Member since 2010 · 77 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Depending what area code I guess my friend just refinanced a couple of his Propeties

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.