Pools for SFH rentals, how to deal with liability

Pools for SFH rentals, how to deal with liability

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 512 posts · 301 votes

I work with a team renting out SFH.

I am the newer of the group and simply put they all say no pools.

They simply aren’t open minded to it and don’t want the liability

But I want to educate myself so I get it's a liability but for instance if one day I plan on having my own rental SFH or even duxplex, triplex or apartment, how or what is the best way to go about renting one with a pool?

Is liability and having a good insurance policy the only thing I need?

Am I missing anything?

If there is a good thread on this already made I would love a link

We are in Nevada but also want to consider California as well.

I work with a great team but they never took a second thought to pools so I am looking for info

Thanks

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    7y

    I just purchased a multi family with a pool. There is a lot of liability as you mentioned, the advice I received was to makes sure the home is completely up to code as far as what your city/county requires for homes with a pool ( be it a gate or pool cover etc.) also, make sure to include a separate clause in the lease.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.