Pros/Cons of renting to H2B tenants

Pros/Cons of renting to H2B tenants

Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 4 votes

In Ohio.  I got a message from a local landscaping company looking for a place to put up a few of their H2B workers for 9 months.  Company will be paying me directly for the housing.  Any thoughts on pros/cons of this?  Suggestions?  Thanks!

0Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, MN · Member since 2017 · 518 posts · 354 votes
    7y

    I have one unit in my building that is rented out by a large corporate pig farm in our area. They put veterinarians from Mexico in there. The only reason why I allow it is because they do a LOT of screening of them prior to even bringing them here to work. Otherwise, I have no way to doing criminal background checks on them like I do everyone else. So far the all have been wonderful. Rent is paid a month in advance, and they all have been wonderful.
    My only other caution is how many workers are going to stay there? Make sure it's not too many that it tasks your utilities too much. I only allow 2 at a time because there are 2 bedrooms.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.