What happened to TransUnion Smartmove?

What happened to TransUnion Smartmove?

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes

I've been using smartmove for the past few years - signed up through bigger pockets. It used to be under the 'Tools' tab. 

Now I can't find it any longer and TransUnion says that I don't have an account with them. Is all my data lost now? Do I find it somewhere else on the BP website? 

I urgently need access

0Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
7y

@Jay Hinrichs

I like it because applicants pay SmartMove directly. I don’t take any background/screening money. But I still do a preliminary check with employment and landlords first, for free.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2017 · 133 posts · 83 votes
    7y

    I used the BP link the first time, and then my account was lost too.  I had to set up a new one.  Pain.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    I'm not so happy that I lost the info for all of my rentals. I set up a new account directly with TransUnion and then I also saw that there was no savings at all through BP. Same price - even though I give it on to tenant to pay

  • Rental Property Investor · Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Michaela G.

    I just checked. No problems. All Info still there. Had just used them in February for a rental.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Anthony Wick:

    @Michaela G.

    I just checked. No problems. All Info still there. Had just used them in February for a rental.

    what service is this.. what does it do ?? never heard of it before.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Anthony Wick:

    @Michaela G.

    I just checked. No problems. All Info still there. Had just used them in February for a rental.

     It does not show for me under 'tools'. Unless they moved it somewhere else.......

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Anthony Wick:

    @Michaela G.

    I just checked. No problems. All Info still there. Had just used them in February for a rental.

    what service is this.. what does it do ?? never heard of it before.

    Jay, it's tenant background check. Credit, criminal, eviction history.  

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Michaela G.:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Anthony Wick:

    @Michaela G.

    I just checked. No problems. All Info still there. Had just used them in February for a rental.

    what service is this.. what does it do ?? never heard of it before.

    Jay, it's tenant background check. Credit, criminal, eviction history.  

    I guess I should have figured that out..  LOL..  I cant remember in my lending days who we used for credit pulls.

    We used an accurant product for our vetting our borrowers..  

  • Rental Property Investor · Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Jay Hinrichs

    I like it because applicants pay SmartMove directly. I don’t take any background/screening money. But I still do a preliminary check with employment and landlords first, for free.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Anthony Wick:

    @Jay Hinrichs

    I like it because applicants pay SmartMove directly. I don’t take any background/screening money. But I still do a preliminary check with employment and landlords first, for free.

    I get that one..  for applicants who wants to take their money and then they whine like crazy I can see paying 3p vendor that's a smart move..  Kind of like us paying for appraisals directly and not through the lender.  Although with my bank loans my bank will pay the appraiser as they want the fiduciary squarely to them  then they just swipe the amount out of my account  LOL.  

  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    I've been using Smartmove for the past two years.  I like the fact potential tenants pay them direct.  Results are returned quickly to make a decision and they will provide the letter to send if you need to reject a tenant.  

  • Property Manager · Ketchum, ID · Member since 2016 · 277 posts · 132 votes
    7y

    I use Smart Property Systems and it has Transunion tenant screening built in.  I get my reports in about 10 minutes after the tenant has filled out their part.  I love it..so convenient along with all of the other good things that it does for my rental business. I charge $50 for the application fee. That covers my Smart Move report and the time I spend doing income verification and talking with references.  I know that some others in my area are charging up to $70 for credit checks etc.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.