Free Property Management App to Track Rent Payments

Free Property Management App to Track Rent Payments

Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 42 posts · 13 votes

Hello all,

Any recommendations for a free property management app to track rent payments? I just started househacking in New York and want to rent out the other rooms. I’m thinking of putting each room on an individual lease, but I don’t know if this is the best strategy. What would you do? And is there a good app to track rent payments, even if they’re coming from different rooms instead of different properties?

Thanks in advance for the help!

0Reply
27 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    I use Cozy.co. You can setup individual roommate accounts where they pay their portion separately. Its super convenient for both you and the tenant(s) and tracks the payment through the full cycle so you know exactly if and when they setup auto-pay, where the payment is in the process, and when the next payment(s) are scheduled to happen. If I was house hacking I'd have individual leases in place.

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Nate Stokes Thanks Nate! Individual roommate accounts sound good and I think it works for my situation. Does Cozy have a mobile app? 

  • Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Stephen Willis I use cozy as well. Theres no mobile app but it's still very mobile friendly

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Rachel Foster Thanks Rachel, I'll take a look at this app. If they do have a mobile version, that'll be great for me!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.