Airbnb/Short term rental in Fort Lauderdale

Airbnb/Short term rental in Fort Lauderdale

Broward County · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 1 vote

I have successfully converted some of my annual rentals to airbnb/short term rentals. In some months, I am getting 3 times amount I was getting before. I have automated the cleaning and check in/out process. It does require some work, but it is so much more rewarding. 

Is anyone else doing airbnb/short term rentals or thinking about it?

0Reply
21 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Palm Beach County, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Gotta be careful doing AirBnb and STR's down here with all the restrictions and regulations.

    I know people doing them successfully in Broward but it's very tough in Dade and Palm Beach.

    My guess would be that Broward is next on the list to tighten things up so just be prepared in case.

  • Broward County · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    I am in Broward. Each city is now require the STR to get a license. I dont know about Palm Beach but its illegal in parts of Miami Beach.

  • Real Estate Agent/investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    I am planning to start this. Where are licenses given and what should I be prepared to pay? 

  • Broward County · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Not every city implement a procedure as yet. The license that I have done cost $200, and a yearly inspection will be done.  It’s just like the procedure some cities have for regular rentals. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 506 posts · 205 votes
    7y

    Every jurisdiction is different. Not that difficult in Dade-just need to ask the right questions of the right people. Not as restricted as people think. Plenty of awesome opportunities here:)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.