Atlanta - Blue box property management (formally ew capital)

Atlanta - Blue box property management (formally ew capital)

Investor · Abbotsford, British Columbia · Member since 2016 · 28 posts · 19 votes

Has any one ever dealt with either of these property management companies?  They owe me a lot of money and are avoid all contact with me,  I recently switched to a new property manager but they haven’t paid out what they owed and it’s been a couple months.  

What’s the best move?  Lawyer or contacting Georgia real estate commission or both 

0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Playa del Carmen, México · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y

Hi @Dan Veld!

I don't personally know BlueBox Property Management or EW Capital Management, but the Yelp and Better Business Bureau reviews for the latter were terrifying!

If you're out a significant amount of money (I'd say $10K or more), It might be worthwhile to pursue this. I'd start by engaging an attorney (specifically, a litigator) to explore your options for a civil lawsuit.

We have an awesome litigation attorney in Atlanta. I don't know if he's taking on new cases right now, but I'd be happy to make the introduction for you. Just connect with me here on BiggerPockets.

For the record, I receive NO compensation for making this referral.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Playa del Carmen, México · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Hi @Dan Veld!

    I don't personally know BlueBox Property Management or EW Capital Management, but the Yelp and Better Business Bureau reviews for the latter were terrifying!

    If you're out a significant amount of money (I'd say $10K or more), It might be worthwhile to pursue this. I'd start by engaging an attorney (specifically, a litigator) to explore your options for a civil lawsuit.

    We have an awesome litigation attorney in Atlanta. I don't know if he's taking on new cases right now, but I'd be happy to make the introduction for you. Just connect with me here on BiggerPockets.

    For the record, I receive NO compensation for making this referral.

  • Steve RozenbergPro Member
    Specialist · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    I would talk to the state lisc board that governs them and file a formal complaint regarding their practices. Make sure you have everything backed up in writing and not just what was said verbally. If this goes to a court of law you want to make sure you can back it up.

    You may also want to go on NARPM.ORG and see if anyone knows about them and their practices. That would be a good place to try and get some information

  • Investor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2013 · 303 posts · 321 votes
    7y

    @Dan Veld Gather all your facts & figures ready on file. Get in touch with lawyer immmediately & report incidence to the commission board if they refuse to respond.

    The sooner you get this resolve, the easier & better for your situation. If they do owe many other property owners. They may simply close or declare bankruptcy.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.