Renter deposits? As a foreigner how do you collect rent?

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 46 votes
7y

@Account Closed  There are a lot of options to collect rent long distance. I use an app called Tellus. My tenants pay through the app and the money goes straight into my bank account. It's worked well for me so far.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Hermosa Beach, CA · Member since 2011 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Good question. I would like to know as well, how do you all collect rents while investing long distance?

  • Rental Property Investor · Saint-Hubert, Québec · Member since 2017 · 70 posts · 44 votes
    7y

    @Mari Elia

    Personally I have my pm collect rent and then he transfers it to me via wire or whatever you prefer.

    I'm based in Canada and my pm is in NY.

    hope that helps.

  • Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 46 votes
    7y

    @Account Closed  There are a lot of options to collect rent long distance. I use an app called Tellus. My tenants pay through the app and the money goes straight into my bank account. It's worked well for me so far.

  • Real Estate Agent · Hermosa Beach, CA · Member since 2011 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thank you so much for the tip. I love apps!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 359 posts · 158 votes
    7y

    There are tons of ways that tenants can pay rent.  Do you have an account in the US?  They can pay you via Venmo, Zelle, Paypal..., deposit into your account.  I assume you have a property manager and most of them do direct deposit into your account.  Worst case is that they can wire you the funds.  

    Honestly, I'm confused how one can ask that question.  If you have a rental property, the main goal is to get paid rent and there are dozens of ways to make it easy.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.