Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 512 posts · 301 votes
Are warrants considered a hard pass?
I’m not use to dealing with “C class” like and
There were other factors that made previous tenants a pass, standing alone does it always make a hard pass or which warrants out in the past make no difference or aren’t of much concern for you. Do you call anyone? Lol
Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 512 posts · 301 votes
6y
Thank you for everyones answers
and most appreciate people sharing their experiences with me, definitely has helped me look at the situation calmly and more easily for what it is. Tomorrow I’ll be on something else.
For our experience
The tenant was already a disqualified candidate for other reasons but this did show up.
I was very surprised to see a red flag for the first time and especially where the recommended tenant came from(then again hindsight is 20/20 I’m not anymore)
The biggest reminder is don’t skip out on doing your checks no matter it be a friend, acquaintance or military or ex police renting the house!
It sucks to see a lump sum of something lower then four digits be on someone’s record,
And potential jail for such lazy and negligent behavior that could be solved by a few months of minor savings. Smh
Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
6y
@Jonathan Watt
Another tip is don’t rent to folks who Do not own a vehicle to get around in . This is a huge red flag . I was not aware of this and recently got burned by setting up the meeting with them away from the property at the local McDonald’s because it was convenient and I was in a rush that morning with other obligations . Big mistake not visually confirming they had a car . Turns out they got a ride there .