Where in Michigan do you buy rental properties?

Where in Michigan do you buy rental properties?

Rental Property Investor 路 Atlas, MI 路 Member since 2019 路 3 posts 路 2 votes

I just moved to Genesee county, MI last year! I'm having a difficult time choosing an area to purchase my first rental home at. There are lots of affordable properties in Flint and Burton but their schools are undesirable and the value of the homes seems stagnant. Areas with good schools are pricier and it seems that people tend to own there more than rent. I am not sure where to start out. I would like something not too far away as this is my first rental property. I'm looking to buy a modest 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home. Any ideas, or sharing your personal experience, or strategy would be much appreciated! Thank you!

1Reply
29 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent 路 Davison, MI 路 Member since 2018 路 113 posts 路 34 votes
    6y

    Welcome to Genesee County! I work in flint and have invested in GC for several years. I鈥檓 also a licensed agent if you would like help searching! I have multi-family units in Davison- just East of Burton. There are definitely good price points and areas in Burton to buy. Flushing and Grand Blanc are also places I鈥檝e had luck with! Let me know if I can help馃憤馃徏

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Davison, MI 路 Member since 2018 路 113 posts 路 34 votes
    6y
  • Realtor 路 Southeast Michigan 路 Member since 2017 路 232 posts 路 180 votes
    6y

    Im from the downriver area, and there are currently lots of value both on and off the mls.  Nice little area over here.   May want to also check out Detroit.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Atlas, MI 路 Member since 2019 路 3 posts 路 2 votes
    6y

    @DJ M. Thank you!! I'll keep an eye open.

  • Realtor 路 Detroit, MI 路 Member since 2018 路 387 posts 路 129 votes
    6y

    @Linda Jumat. The Metro area has tons of deals and value 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 San Antonio Texas 路 Member since 2018 路 16 posts 路 3 votes
    6y

    @Linda Jumat

    Downriver, im always looking to network.

  • Aurora, IL 路 Member since 2019 路 125 posts 路 39 votes
    6y

    @DJ M.

    Wait, Detriot? Just wondering what your ideology is behind that. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.